Fiber optic sensors can measure strain, temperature and vibrations at multiple points distributed over an optical sensing fiber of up to several kilometers. An optical fiber is lightweight, resistant to extreme temperatures, electromagnetic interference, and corrosion and is safe to use in explosive environments.
Bringing to market a very cost-effective interrogator Sentea accelerates the adoption of fiber optic sensors in monitoring applications in civil infrastructure, wind turbines, heavy industries, oil & gas installations, airplanes, ships, trains, electric cars, and even medical instruments.
To continuously add functionality and improve the capabilities of our fiber optic sensing products, we are now looking for a senior software engineer.
You will become part of a fast growing and international team, contributing to a sustainable future by enabling better asset management. Our offices are located at the technology park close to the beautiful city of Ghent, the silicon photonics hotspot of Europe.
- Define and implement the software architecture of the Sentea interrogator
- Define and implement new software functionality
- Develop and maintain the application programming interface (API)
- Define and implement software test strategy
- Interact with system hardware design and low-level firmware
- Master’s in computer sciences or equivalent by experience
- Programming languages: C, Python
- Experience with C-based application development in Vivado
- Experience with machine learning & tools are an advantage (Tensorflow, …)
- Strong mathematical skills are an advantage
- Experience with network communication protocols: TCP, UDP, serial communication, ….
- Knowledge of network management protocols such as SNMP, MQTT is an advantage
- Experience with GIT, software management and software testing
- Based in Gent.