Fiber optic sensors can measure strain, temperature and vibrations at multiple points distributed over an optical sensing fiber of up to several kilometers. An optical fiber is lightweight, resistant to extreme temperatures, electromagnetic interference, and corrosion and is safe to use in explosive environments.
Bringing to market very cost-effective interrogators Sentea accelerates the adoption of fiber optic sensors in monitoring applications in civil infrastructure, wind turbines, heavy industries, oil & gas installations, airplanes, ships, trains, electric cars, and even medical instruments.
To show the world the endless possibilities of fiber optic sensing and work with our customers to help them to maximize the benefits of our interrogator in their applications, we are now looking for a sales engineer.
You will become part of a fast growing and international team, contributing to a sustainable future by enabling better asset management. Our offices are located at the technology park close to the beautiful city of Ghent, the silicon photonics hotspot of Europe.
- Identify new customer opportunities for Sentea’s fiber sensing products
- Supporting customers in integrating Sentea’s fiber sensing interrogators in their solutions
- Supporting customers in the development of their application software (using Sentea API)
- Preparing customer proposals
- Work out fiber sensing solutions together with partnering companies
- Interface with the development team for system integration and application software
- Supporting customers in setting up product validation & testing
- Following up on customer projects
- Interface with the development team to shape future product roadmap
- Master in electronics, civil or mechanical engineering
- Experience in industrial sensors and monitoring solutions
- Software skills: Python, LabVIEW is an advantage
- Independent problem solver with good communication skills
- Customer and solution oriented
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Knowledge of French, German and/or Chinese is an advantage
- Based in Gent, frequent travelling required.