REIN4CED will manufacture impact-resistant and lightweight bicycle frames for bicycle brands wishing to offer their cyclists maximum performance with enhanced safety and durability.
Carbon fiber composites, known from Formula 1 and race bikes, are light and strong but face sudden, brittle and dramatic fracture behavior. To tackle this problem, REIN4CED has developed and patented a brand-new composite material. With this new material, and a completely new fully automated production process, REIN4CED will offer safe, durable and lightweight bicycle frames.
The initial focus is on the bicycle market, followed by automotive and aerospace.
To strengthen our team REIN4CED is looking for a Senior CAD Engineerwith extended knowledge and experience in the field of CAD including surface, freeform and mold design, preferably in SolidWorks and/or CATIA. Experience and knowledge of composite materials and FEA is a plus. Experience in setting up and maintaining a PLM system is a plus.
As a Senior CAD Engineer, you will be responsible for all 3D CAD design within REIN4CED. Based on existing CAD geometries from clients, you will create well-designed 3D parts, assemblies, part families and molds. You will also create and maintain the structure in which the drawings are kept, shared, saved and updated.
You will be responsible for the complete process: from visualization of concepts till final production drawing of parts. We will draw heavily on your conceptual skills as well as on your ability to learn from the process and materials engineers. You will work on a project basis at several projects simultaneously. You make your own schedule in consultation with your environment and adjust priorities and expectations.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION
- CAD Design:
- Import CAD designs from clients (and update or clean those designs if necessary)
- Visualization of different production concepts
- Create 3D parts and assemblies linked to the production process
- Prepare CAD for FE analysis
- Drawing of molds ready for production
- Coordination and follow-up of all drawings:
- Set up a system and structure for how drawings are kept, shared, saved and updated
- You will coordinate the move to and use of a PLM system
- Your work will take place in close collaboration with the other members of the REIN4CED team.
- Product: You will assist the product engineers from visualization until production ready design and prepare CAD files for FE analysis.
- Process: You will collaborate very closely with the process engineers in order to allow for optimization in process by small design changes in the product.
- We are looking for an engineer (or equivalent through experience) with at least 5 years of experience in the field of CAD.
- Preferably experience with SolidWorks and/or CATIA
- Knowledge and experience in surface, freeform and mold design is a must.
- Experience in composite materials and associated production processes is an important asset.
- Experience in FE analysis is not required but an important plus.
- You have a master’s degree in a technical field (or equivalent through experience).
- You are fluent in English, Dutch is an important plus.
- You are independent, enterprising and see challenges in realizing innovative and complex projects.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You combine a strong background in CAD design with the willingness to learn from process and product engineers.
- You like to keep your projects well-structured and you have attention for details.
- You are always on the look-out for improvement and innovation. You like to keep up the pace and know how to prioritize.
Starting with REIN4CED gives you the possibility to participate in an innovative and ambitious project. You will be part of a young and dynamic team. You get the possibility to be a part of the culture and early growth of REIN4CED. On top of your competitive salary, you will receive an extended package of extra-legal advantages.
Are you interested? Please apply by sending your cover letter with CV to Michaël Callens.
Address: Diependaalweg 4A, 3020 Winksele or mail to email@example.com
For further information regarding this vacancy, you can contact Michaël Callens by mail or phone:
+32 485 208 119