Towards Zero Emissions!
PowerCell develops and produces fuel cell stacks and systems, powered by hydrogen, that generates electricity and heat with no other emissions than water. We have begun the transition from a R&D start-up to an innovative and commercial frontline tech company. Our customer base is worldwide, and we have offices in Sweden, Germany and China. We are looking for more highly skilled and motivated people to join us in our mission; to save the planet.
Development Engineer - PEM Fuel Cell MEA Manufacturing
Would you like to work for a company positioned at the very frontline of energy and clean tech engineering? At PowerCell our mission is to offer our customers efficient environmentally friendly power products & systems with leading fuel cell technology for a wide array of applications ranging from stationary to automotive.
At PowerCell you will be a member of the Fuel Cell Development Team which is responsible for the polymer electrolyte membrane electrode assembly (MEA), unit cell and fuel cell stack development. The Fuel Cell Development Team also works closely with the Systems Team to develop efficient overall system solutions. At PowerCell we cooperate with carefully selected automotive suppliers, technology consultant companies and research institutes to implement the best possible technical and commercial solutions in our product portfolio. We all share a passion for innovation and for protecting the environment.
As a “Development Engineer – MEA Manufacturing” you will work mainly within our project organization and report to both your line manager and respective project managers. You will work with developing MEAs for power generation in a wide range of different applications such as marine, telecom back-up, auxiliary power, fuel cell range extenders and full propulsion automotive fuel cell systems. Together with our highly skilled team of engineers and scientists you will create added value for a wide range of different customers.
To succeed in this position, you need a broad technical background and a pragmatic problem-solving attitude. A general understanding about PEM fuel cell components and MEA is important. Experience with the preparation of Membrane Electrode Assemblies would be an advantage but applicants with industrial experience in catalyst preparation and coating techniques is also of interest. Furthermore, knowledge of PEM fuel cell operation, general automation & process control, electronics and electromechanical components are highly desirable.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Preparation of MEA
- Characterization of semi finished MEA components
- Characterization of PEM fuel cell MEA
- Conducting of parameter studies for improved preparation processes.
- MEA with improved Quality
- Taking part in MEA development
- Documentation and evaluation of MEA processing parameters
- M.Sc. in relevant engineering field
- Relevant hands-on experience of component development within the process or automotive industry
- Firsthand experience with PEM Fuel Cells
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with international component suppliers
- Ability to work in cross functional teams
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
Additional desirable qualifications:
- Good understanding in the field of dispersion, coating and drying techniques
- Rheological know-how
- Electrochemical know-how
- Experience from an international and multi-language environment
- Experience from working in a small hi-tech company
- Experience from relevant software tools such as JMP, Minitab or Design–Expert.
- Swedish language skills
At PowerCell we aim at establishing teams with a balanced member composition regarding knowledge, experience, age, nationality and gender.
Apply by visiting careers.powercell.se
The position might be filled before the applications last publish date, January 31st, so make sure to put in your application as soon as possible. We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Or, know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!