Sentea is a spin-off of the joint Photonics Research Group of Ghent University and nanotechnology research center imec. The company was founded in 2018 by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs and experienced researchers and has the ambition to become a market leader in fiber optic sensor interrogators leveraging the benefits of silicon photonics.
Fiber optic sensors allow for highly accurate and robust structural health monitoring solutions, predicting and preventing equipment failure and structural damage before it leads to catastrophic failure. Furthermore, these sensors can also be used to monitor and improve the operational efficiency of equipment and processes. Wind farms, civil structures, heavy industry and transport will benefit from Sentea’s small and cost-effective fiber optic sensor interrogators.
Our offices are located at the technology park in Zwijnaarde, the “silicon photonics valley” of Flanders.
At the heart of Sentea’s fiber optic sensor interrogator products lies an integrated silicon photonics chip. This chip combines all opto-electrical functions in a single component. Sentea is looking for a Photonics Design Engineer to join the product development team.
- Work with the photonics design team to define, layout and simulate silicon photonics components for Sentea’s interrogators
- Design and simulate passive photonic building blocks based on system level requirements
- Generate DRC clean designs of full system circuits and deliver GDS files to the foundry
- Develop compact models of the building blocks for full circuit simulation
- Develop and design 3D and heterogeneous integrated opto-electrical functions
- Cooperation with the foundry with regards to process integration, PDK and processing follow up
- Test passive and active functions through simulations and experimental verification
- Automate measurement procedures using Python
- Develop and maintain PDK and libraries
- Master or PhD in photonics or equivalent by experience
- 3 years of experience in photonic design (including work for PhD). Experience with silicon photonics is an advantage.
- Experience in laser or detector design is an advantage
- Knowledge of photonics design and simulation tools such as Lumerical and IPKISS
- Knowledge of Python is an advantage
- Work independently, experience in project management is a plus.
- Fluent in English
- Dutch is an advantage
- Based in Zwijnaarde, willing to travel abroad.