At the heart of the Sentea fiber optic sensor interrogator products lies an integrated silicon photonics chip. The chip combines all opto-electronic functions in a single component. Sentea is looking for a Photonics Design Engineer to join the product development team.
- Define optical chip architectures and technological implementations
- Design of passive functions
- Development and design of 3D and heterogeneous integrated opto-electronic functions
- Cooperation with the foundry with regards to process integration, PDK and processing follow up
- Test passive and active functions through simulations and experimental verification
- Develop and maintain PDK and libraries
As Photonics Design Engineer you will be part of the product development team reporting to the CTO
- Master or PhD in photonics or equivalent by experience
- 3 Years experience in Photonic Design (including work for PhD)
- Experience with silicon photonics is an advantage.
- Experience in design of opto-electronic components (laser, detector, …) is an advantage
- Knowledge of photonics design and simulation tools such as Lumerical and IPKISS
- Knowledge of Python is an advantage
- Work independently, experience in project management is a plus.
- Fluent in English
- Dutch is an advantage
- Based in Zwijnaarde, willing to travel abroad.